Receiving Emergency Dental Care
Following the Center for Disease Control’s issuance to delay routine dental care, Cigna has put in place support measures to ensure our customers receive the assistance they need, when they need it.
Important information for your employees who need dental care
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a recommendation to delay routine dental care. Additionally, state and local government agencies across the U.S. in addition to the American Dental Association have been advising dental practices to limit their services to emergency dental care during this time.
Cigna Dental recognizes your employees may need emergency dental care during this time and we’re here to help.
- Many dental offices, including those within Cigna’s networks, are limiting available appointments for emergency needs only or have closed due to state and local recommendations.
- In the event of a dental emergency, we suggest customers contact their dentist to service and guide their care options.
- If the dental office is closed, we can assist you in finding care by calling 1.800.244.6224 or customers can locate care on mycigna.com.
- Additionally, we’re providing resources free of charge for all customers, clients, and communities to help manage high stress and anxiety and opened a 24-hour toll-free help line 1.866.912.1687.
What is a dental emergency?
- A dental emergency generally includes the following symptoms: severe pain, acute infection, swelling, and/or persistent bleeding.
- If customers are unsure if their dental case is urgent, we recommend contacting a dentist. If a customer is unable to speak to a dental professional, we recommend contacting Cigna at 1.800.244.6224.
- Cigna Dental plans cover emergency dental care. Please contact Cigna or visit mycigna.com for plan-specific coverage details.
- We recommend customers delay routine, non-urgent dental care at this time.
Extra support for customers with limited access due to dental office closures:
In emergency situations, a DHMO customer may seek care with another DHMO network dentist or any dentist.
While we are outreaching to network providers regarding their office availability and office hours status, we recommend that customers call their dental provider for the most up-to-date information on their availability.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Cigna Representative.